The view from your balcony. Enjoy this stunning, panoramic view across Bangbao Bay and to the islands south of Koh Chang.
Welcome to Bangbao Bay View Apartment
This fully furnished, 60Sqm condominium is located at Tranquillity Bay Residence, Koh Chang’s premier development. It is a bright and airy corner unit situated on the upper floor with amazing, unobstructed views towards the islands south of Koh Chang and across to Bangbao fishing village. Facilities include a beachfront pool and 230 metre long private beach. Another two beaches are under 10 minutes walk away to the east and Bangbao fishing village is 10 minutes walk to the west.
Fully Furnished with all the Comforts of Home
Hallway: The front door opens into a hallway that features floor to ceiling storage cupboards with plenty of space for storing suitcases, bags and other items.
Bedroom: A door off the hallway leads to the bedroom. This is air-conditioned and has a King size bed, built in wardrobe, vanity desk and mirror and 32″ LCD TV. Plus the en-suite bathroom.
Kitchenette: The hallway leads to the kitchen area. This is an ideal size for preparing breakfast or a snack. Cutlery and kitchenware are provided. And equipment includes a kettle, coffee maker, fridge-freezer, microwave, hotplate and even a washing machine.
Living area: Step out of the kitchenette and you’re in the living area. There’s a comfortable sofa, armchair plus writing desk and chair, for anyone needing to spend time working whilst on vacation. A second 32″ TV provides over 50 international and local channels. The room is air-conditioned. However, the patio doors and windows have retractable insect nets fitted which allow the cool night air and sea breeze in but prevent any bugs from getting inside.
Balcony: The floor to ceiling patio doors open out from the living room onto the balcony from where you get great views across the bay. There’s plenty of space to sit outside and this shady terrace makes for a great spot for morning coffee or a glass of wine as the sun goes down.
In- room Furniture, Fixtures and Fittings
Whilst the condominium doesn’t offer all the facilities of a luxury hotel. Guests do have use of amenities such as:
- The 30 metre infinity edge swimming pool with Jacuzzi seats and kids pool
- The beachfront restaurant and bar which serves cold drinks and has a small menu.
- A private pier which is a great spot to fish or swim from
- Tour and Excursion Counter where guests can also arrange motorbike rental & car hire, book minibus tickets.
- Free parking for scooters and cars is available onsite.
- High-speed WiFi Internet throughout, including rooms and public areas.
- Security guards on duty.
The apartment is in Tranquility Bay Residence on the south coast of Koh Chang. This is a quiet location, away from the busier beaches on the west coast. However, everything you need is within walking distance.
The beautiful Klong Kloi beach is under 10 minutes walk away. Here you will find lively beach restaurants and can also rent a kayak or Stand Up paddleboard. Nearby the smaller, Hat Sai Noi, is a little hideaway, with a handful of small beach restaurants which are open from early morning until late evening. Bangbao village, also 10 minutes walk, is the departure point for snorkelling and dive trips to the nearby islands. It’s also home to several good seafood restaurants plus numerous shops. You’ll also find facilities such as currency exchange and ATMs and a 7-eleven mini-mart here.
Whilst there are longer and busier beaches on the west coast of the island. The views, to the south of Koh Chang towards the outlying islands, are infinitely better.
Getting Here from Bangkok
1) Fly Bangkok Airways to Trat ( See www.bangkokair.com ) Tickets are quite expensive 2,500 – 3,500 Baht per person. From Trat Airport there is a minibus service that will drop you off at Tranquility Bay Residence. The ticket price is 500 Baht per person including ferry ticket.
2) A cheaper option is a private transfer by minibus from a hotel in Bangkok to our apartment at Tranquility Bay Residence, Bangbao.. The price, for a car and driver for two passengers is 4,600 Baht total. Including tax, driver, gasoline,expressway tolls and ferry tickets. No advance payment is required. You pay the driver when you arrive at your destination. Pick up time can be to suit you, anytime between 05:00 – 14:00. I can arrange this for you.
3) Shared minibus. These pick up from hotels in the main tourist areas of central Bangkok around 08:00 – 09:00, and will drop you off at the apartment. Ticket price is 1,100 Baht/person including ferry ticket. Again, no advance payment required. You pay the driver when he picks you up & I can also arrange also this for you.
4) Public bus. There are a couple of public buses from Ekamai Bus Station on Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok that will drop you off at one of the ferry piers in Laem Ngop on the mainland. These depart at 0745 and 0900. Ticket price is 270 Baht.
You then take the ferry to Koh Chang, ticket price is 80 Baht. When you get off the ferry get on one of the white, shared pick up truck taxis that you will see waiting for passengers. Tell the driver you want to go to ‘Tranquility Bay Residence, Bangbao’. It should be 150 Baht per person for the hour long drive.
Arrival & Orientation
I’ll be here to meet you and answer any questions that you have when you arrive. I’ll also provide a couple of maps of the island and nearby restaurants and other places of interest.
There are various activities to keep you occupied when you aren’t sunning yourself. These can be booked at the Tranquility Bay Residence front desk or any tour agent nearby. There’s everything from Jungle trekking;, Scuba Diving & Snorkelling; Paddle boarding; Kayaking; Cooking classes; Island tours etc. If you want to explore the island properly, then rent a scooter or car and head off to the quieter east of the island to see local life and peaceful fishing villages.
The Apartment will be cleaned to a high standard prior to your arrival. And again when you leave. There is no additional charge for this, it is included in the rental price.
There is such a thing and you’ll find it in the fridge when you arrive. As you’ll probably have been travelling all day to get here it’s nice to sit down, put your feet up and get a cold drink when you arrive at your home away from home. You’ll find a selection of soft drinks and beer in the fridge, plus drinking water. They’ll be a fruit bowl and some snacks too. And to ensure you don’t go hungry the next morning, there’s some simple breakfast items – fresh coffee, bread, milk and teabags etc provided for you too. Help yourself.